· 8 year old team (This team is under evaluation due to the new Little League Age Determination)
Manager selection for the 9/10, 10/11 and 11/12 year old District sanctioned) All-Stars and 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 year-old Tournament Teams:
· All prospective candidates must be coaches of record with Danville Little League and Little League Baseball in Williamsport. The Candidate’s son/daughter must be able to perform at the all-star level. This will be determined by a consensus of the coaches at the level in which he/she plays and the Post Season Director.
· The President of the league may remove managers who are selected if said manager is found to have violated any of the league rules or policies at any time.
· If interested in managing a post-season team please complete the online 2015 Post Season Manager application found under the Post Season Tab and email the Post Season Director at email@example.com no later than Saturday May 2, 2015.
· Interviews will be conducted the week of May 4, 2015
· Manager selections will be announced by Friday May 15, 2015
· All prospective candidates may interview for a managers position for more than one team.
Manager Selection Committee:
· DLL President
· DLL Post-seasonSelection Committee
The panel will conduct interviews with all prospective candidates. The candidates will be given equal time to present their development plans. Each candidate will be asked questions developed by the panel regarding their resumes and coaching history. A question and answer period will complete the interview if clarification is needed based on the answers given by the candidates. Each candidate will be given an opportunity to make a closing statement. It is the mission of this committee to select the most qualified leaders to represent our league and manage our teams in the post season.
**PLEASE NOTE** If a manager candidate is not selected, they will have the opportunity to be considered for a coaches position. Team Managers will select the coaches after Manager selections have been made. All coaches are pending League President approval.
Coaches Selections for the all District (sanctioned) All-Star and tournament teams:
· All prospective candidates must be coaches of record with Danville Little League and Little League Baseball in Williamsport. The candidate’s son/daughter must be able to perform at the all-star level. This will be determined by a consensus of the coaches at the level in which he/she plays and Post Season Director.
Player Evaluation and Selection for all District (sanctioned) All-Star Teams:
It is the intent of this process to ensure that every player is fairly and impartially evaluated prior to the selection process. This is the primary reason for the early selection of the managers and coaches. It will be the responsibility of every post-season manager and coach to watch players performing during game situations.
Player's Vote (AAA & Majors):
Players will be asked by their respective division director to select the top 8 players at the level in which they play specifically by age (i.e. 12 year old players may only vote for 12 year players etc. Players will not be allowed to vote for players on their own team). The Post Season Director will compile this list and share it with the DLL President and the selected managers and coaches.
Manager's Vote (AAA & Majors):
Each division will have a manager’s meeting to present players from their teams that they believe should be considered for the post season. The managers will then vote independently for the top 8 players (managers will not be allowed to vote for players on their own team).
** PLEASE NOTE** There will be no weighting system when voting for the top 8 players. The managers will apply a single point system when voting for players. The post season directors will compile this list. From this list the top 8 will receive automatic berths to their respective District teams. If these top 8, as picked by the managers, do not include the top 2 selected by the players themselves, the player’s selections will complete the roster up to 10 total players given automatic berths. The all-star coaching staff will select the remaining players to complete their respective roster.
** PLEASE NOTE** It will be the decision of the all-star managers to determine the remaining selections to the team.
9 year old Tournament Teams:
There will be a postseason tryout on Sunday May 31st, 1pm, Osage Field #4. Postseason selections will be made by the Tournament team managers from a combination of this tryout and the lists of players compiled by the managers. Number of 9 year old tournament teams will be determined by number of players trying out and talent level.
It is the intent of this selection procedure to ensure a fair and impartial process for all players managers and coaches.
**PLEASE NOTE** It is mandatory that all players who want to play in the Postseason, whether for the District or Tournament teams, register with DLL through the Player All Star Commitment Form on the website, found in the Postseason Tab. Deadline for players 10-12 year old is Friday, May 15th, 6pm. League age 9 players must complete by Friday, May 29th, 6pm.
Parents of the selected players will be required to volunteer a specific amount of
shifts during DLL hosted Summer tournaments (TBD). No player can be eligible for
District consideration if not 100% available for all games and practices from
the selection date through August 30, 2015.
DISTRICTS - TBD (To be completed by July 12, 2015)
SECTIONALS - July 15 to July 22, 2015
DIVISIONS - July 24 to August 1, 2015
WESTERN REGIONALS - August 9 to August 15, 2015 (11/12 team only)
WORLD SERIES - August 20 to August 30, 2015 (11/12 team only)
JOEY MOORE MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT - June 20 to June 25, 2015 (9yr old's)
CHACHI CORRAL MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT - July 11 to July 16, 2015 (10yr old's)
BRETT SLINGER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT - July 18 to July 23, 2015 (11yr old's)
For additional tournament information hosted by other Leagues in the District please visit the District 57 website at www.ca57.org.